Some of Fenn's Favorite Wrestling Moments

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WWE Monday Night Raw 1/28/08

Posted by Fenn Jan 29 2008 at 11:05:08 AM

On WWE Raw last night, the show opened with John Cena getting more heat from Philly than I have seen most heels get. I couldn't help but laugh. After a heated exchange between Cena and Orton, they eventually got around to announcing that Cena will face Orton for the belt at No Way Out. Although I understand why this was done (People still want to see Jeff Hardy or Triple H at Wrestlemania), doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of the Royal Rumble? I could help but feel a little bit robbed. It also became apparent that John Cena's new taunt is pointing at his armpit. Yes John, we know you had surgery... and that must have sucked, but enough... it's old already.

The Elimination Chamber #1 contender match at No Way Out was also announced by William Regal. I'm not really sure what happened to William Regal's mic skills, but the whole thing was botched. Poor Regal, stuttering and stammering. Also, what is up with him calling Umaga, 'U-manga'? This is the second (maybe third) time I've heard this. Someone should probably correct him. Entrants in the Elimination chamber will be Umaga, Jericho, JBL, Jeff Hardy, HBK and Triple H.



We also saw an impromptu DX 'reunion' last night. To this day, I'm really not sure why this is a reunion when half the original members are missing. Just the same, I can't complain too much. Degeneration X Shawn Michaels is the one HBK that I actually find entertaining. Plus, I don't have to hear that god-awful 'Sexy Boy' entrance music. Sorry Shawn, but it's time to update that theme song. Please... I'm begging. It's downright creepy! Trips picked up the mic and asked the crowd for a toothbrush, tic tacs or a mint for Snitsky. I know those yellow teeth are fake, but still.... ew. I was half-hoping for Triple H to make reference to 'U-manga', but oh well. Heh.


We also found out last night that Mr. Kennedy will be facing Ric Flair at No Way Out. I was thrilled to hear this. Ken Kennedy is by far my favorite heel these days. In fact, he has been since his debut before they changed his name from Ken anderson, to Ken Kennedy. Am I the only one that can see Kennedy as the next Rock? If they let him beat Flair, it will give Kennedy the push that he needs to become a Main Eventer.

The Main Event was an excellent tag match, Y2J & Jeff Hardy vs. Orton & Bradshaw. I was surprised at how well each team worked together. Unfortunately, the moment was ruined by a run-in by Cena after the match. A FU, and then pointing at arm pits. Blah.

No comments: