Some of Fenn's Favorite Wrestling Moments

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hulk Hogan Challenges Ric Flair to a Match at Wrestlemania 24

You read that headline correctly.

In a video interview posted on MTV.com this morning, that's what Hulk Hogan is saying.

In the video, Hogan says, 'They need a main event real bad. When I think about Ric Flair stylin' and profilin', when I think about Hulk Hogan going head on head with Ric Flair in my backyard... They got a lot of tickets, brother, that need to be sold. The power of the 'mania, brother? Could be strong, brother.'

When asked if he was going to put Ric Flair out for good, Hogan replied, 'Either he'll put me out for good, or I'll put him out for good. One or the other. That would be the match of the new millennium. Hogan vs. Flair. Maybe get Vince McMahon as a special guest referee. Game on.'

Oh brother.

While this would sell a ton of pay per views, I can't see that Vince would ever do it. I mean, how could he? If Hogan wins, yes, Flair retires, but then Hogan gets a huge push right before he (supposedly) launches his new, rival wrestling promotion with Eric Bischoff. If Hogan loses, Flair has to stick around, and they have to figure out how to get rid of him again.

Smart move, Hulk. Even someone such as myself, who hates to watch the old-timers do the same moves they've done for decades, would be eager to watch. I don't think Vince is greedy enough to go for it. It wouldn't be a good business decision, if your new promotion is legit.


To read the article and watch the video: Celebrity Faves (about halfway down the page)

No comments: