Some of Fenn's Favorite Wrestling Moments

Friday, February 8, 2008

What Does Everybody Want? Remembering Al Snow

I had intended to write this yesterday, but what can I say? I was busy.

Al Snow was released as a developmental trainer in a follow-up announcement in the WWE/OVW situation. I read somewhere, (sorry, I don't remember which site), that WWE cites Al Snow as the primary reason that OVW 'failed'. If this is true, I hardly think it's fair to blame one man for the 'downfall' of an organization, when the truth of the matter is, WWE wanted all their 'minor leaguers' under one roof.

I imagine my beloved WWE must be a pretty tough company to work for. It surely seems like a fickle organization. One moment they build you up and love you, the next they release you.

We'll miss you Al... but I'm sure we'll see you pop up elsewhere... at least I hope so.

Some of my favorite Al Snow moments...

Wrestlepalooza '98

Al Snow vs. the Minis (Silly, but Al screaming due to salad tongs on his yam bag is priceless)

Al Snow as European Champion

Self-Hardcore Matches (Purposely moonsaulting yourself through a table is hilarious)

'Hardcore Bowling'

Rock vs. Al Snow 11/30/98 (You probably shouldn't moonsault onto the floor, Al... or Peoples' Elbow a mannequin head, Rock)

No comments: