Some of Fenn's Favorite Wrestling Moments

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Pros vs. Joes

Pros vs. Joes... not really TNA, but the episode I watched recently did feature Kurt Angle as one of the Pros.

Kurt Angle has always been one of my most favorite heels. Apparently he's also a heel in real life... or perhaps he didn't want to break kayfabe.

I don't normally watch this show, but it I gave it a shot since Angle was on it. We saw an extremely aggressive Angle talking a lot of smack to the Joes, punking them out, shoving them, and even pushing a finger into one of the Joe's eye. Then again, he didn't see very heel-ie in the clip years ago when he was helping a soccer mom with her K-Mart shopping spree that she won. Who knows?

Kurt's event (actually 2) was held outside, in the rain, in TNA's 6-sided ring. He was actually wrestling... 'really' wrestling. Amateur-style wrestling. It was funny to see Kurt Angle handing these guys their asses.

Speaking of TNA... I didn't comment on this week's show. To be honest, I didn't watch it. Although I like the action of TNA wrestling, their storylines and ripping-off of old gimmicks (i.e. Jay Lethal's Macho Man, 'Stone Cold' Shark Boy, etc) don't hold my interest. To be honest, I watching the season premiere of Lost. Sorry, maybe I'm one the few, but good storylines matter to me. What can I say... wrestling (and Star Trek, for that matter) is a soap opera for men.


I've set the episode to record on Sunday... I'll comment then.

No comments: